As a mentor, you have a unique opportunity to be a role model for elementary students. With chapters at 33 colleges and universities across Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, New York, Ohio, Virginia, Maryland, and Missouri, we now have more than 2,800 college student volunteers.
What does being a mentor with College Mentors for Kids mean? College Mentors for Kids…
- Utilizes the energy and passion of college students. College Mentors creates student-run chapters on university campuses.
- Partners with local elementary schools to enroll kids in the program.
- Provides transportation to bring kids to campus for mentoring activities which take place after school throughout the academic year.
- Pairs each child one-on-one with a college student mentor but activities take place in a small group to allow for peer-to-peer learning.
- Focuses activity topics on higher education and careers, culture & diversity and community service.
- Helps kids grow through a structured curriculum that includes reading time, guest speakers from all areas of college life, hands-on activities and journal time for reflection.
Does your school have a College Mentors for Kids chapter?