SAVE THE DATE: Tuesday, November 27th, 2018
#GivingTuesday was started in 2012 by the 92nd Street Y and the United Nations Foundation as a reminder that the holiday season is about giving and giving back. On the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, the whole world is encouraged to give. This effort harnesses the collective power of a unique blend of partners — charities, families, businesses, and individuals — to transform how people think about, talk about, and participate in the giving season.
Black Friday. Small-business Saturday. Cyber Monday. GIVING TUESDAY.
This year our goal is to collectively raise enough money to support 100 mentor-little buddy pairs for a year of mentoring activities. ALL online donations for College Mentors for Kids on Tuesday, November 28th will help us meet our goal.
In addition, thanks to three generous sponsors: Social Legends, Endurance IT, and Barada Associates, all online gifts made on #GivingTuesday will be matched dollar for dollar up to $6,500!
How can you help on #GivingTuesday?
- Follow College Mentors on Twitter and like us on Facebook to share our #GivingTuesday posts!
- Download this 2017 Giving Tuesday #Unselfie Flyer and write in why you support College Mentors. Take a selfie with your flyer and post it on your social media site on #GivingTuesday.
- Host a fundraiser on Facebook to help us raise money on #GivingTuesday.
- Become a #GivingTuesday advocate to help us take #GivingTuesday to the next level! Contact Alison Plavin for more information.
- Download the #GivingTuesday Toolkit for a sample e-mail template, graphics, and social media posts so you can promote College Mentors on the big day.
- Make your #GivingTuesday donation!