In the United States, 33% of young people grow up without a role model or mentor. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Here at College Mentors for Kid's our mission is to connect college students with the most to give to kids who need it most!Read More
- 8 in 10 former little buddies graduated high school; 85% did so in 4 years
- 3 in 4 former little buddies followed the path to post-secondary education
- 95% of former little buddies successfully avoided the justice system
- 89% of chapter leaders gained leadership skills through their involvement
- A big impact: 2,500+ kids are matched with college student mentors
- A proven model: 21 years of mentoring kids
- A leadership program: 300+ college students trained to be chapter leaders
- A growing footprint: 9 states and counting
For 20 years College Mentors has connected college students with the most to give to kids who need it most. Through weekly after-school activities on a college campus, mentors show kids the importance of trying harder in school and help them understand higher education opportunities.
College Mentors for Kids is thankful to have many generous supporters. Our donors
come from all walks of life and from all parts of the country, but they share a common
desire to create a brighter future for their community.
We are always looking for potential sites for new chapters. Starting a chapter of College Mentors for Kids can be initiated by anyone in the community, but are most often started by college student leaders or university administrators.
Our alumni are individuals who understand first-hand the power mentoring has to transform lives. Our alumni have given so much to College Mentors, and we want to continue to give back to them.
Mentors of the Year Inspire 2018
Congratulations 2018 Inspire Awards Mentors of the Year!
Children with mentors do better in school. One little buddy noted, “I have to stay in school and work hard to get my education.” At College Mentors for Kids, little buddies not only experience a meaningful relationship with a college student mentor, but they also learn about what they...